6-Day EMDR Trainings Now Approved for Online Delivery
Upcoming 6-Day EMDR Therapy Training Events:
A 6-Day Basic Training to transform your clinical skills and begin your EMDR practice.
Personal Transformation Institute is an EMDRIA-Approved EMDR Training provider. This training meets and exceeds the requirements set by EMDRIA for initial trainings in EMDR. Unlike most trainings, PTI’s EMDR Training includes 10 hours of consultation.
The 6-Day EMDR Therapy Training with Personal Transformation Institute provides clinicians with an experiential understanding of EMDR therapy so that they may integrate EMDR into their practice. The EMDR Training results in you being EMDR Trained and eligible to pursue certification in EMDR Therapy.
The EMDR 6-day Trainings meet for a total of 50 hours. Over the course of two weekends, participants meet from 7:50 am to 5:10 p.m, with lunch from 12 pm to 1 pm on their own.
Training Course Description
Through engaging visual presentation and interactive lecture, participants will be instructed in:
a. The history of EMDR, including research and foundational overview
b. The model of EMDR: the concept of Adaptive Information Processing including additions with the S.A.F.E. approach
c. The methodology of EMDR: the 8 Phases, as well as working with special populations and understanding professional, legal, ethical issues
Under the supervision of the PTI Trainer and their Assistant, participants will practice various components of EMDR Therapy in groups of two or three, using their real-life experience as a basis for practicum.
Our training includes instruction on somatic resources and specific tools for assessment and on going evaluation of the client’s needs. Our concepts are founded in somatic and attachment theory, we offer a simplified way to assess attachment patterns and somatic resources.
3. 10 Hours of Consultation
The required 10 hours of consultation are included and incorporated into the training weekend.
What You’ll Receive
- A digital training manual written by Deb Kennard, including original practicum sheets and somatic resource exercises.
- A year of access to the Basic Training Portal where you may download supplemental materials and view support videos.
- A forum specific to your group to interact with classmates and PTI faculty
- An invitation to PTI’s Google Group– a message board where you can interact with Deb, PTI training staff, other past trainees to find referrals, ask questions, and receive in-depth responses from your new community.
- The option to seamlessly pursue further training in specialized topics and/ or Advanced Certification through our distance learning programs.
It is required by EMDRIA that all EMDR Therapy Training participants read the Third Edition of Francine Shapiro’s book, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy, Third Edition: Basic Principles, Protocols, and Procedures, available here.
PTI recommends that you familiarize yourself with the reading prior to the training but does not require that you read the entire book before the training.
EMDR Therapy Training Learning Objectives
Days One through Three:
- Identify 3 components of the EMDR Approach designed to provide effective treatment with clients
- Describe 3 important existing research studies
- Name the 8 phases of EMDR therapy for comprehensive treatment and how to implement the phases with clients
- Identify the criteria with EMDR therapy to safely and effectively implement EMDR therapy with clients
- Describe 3 aspects of the AIP Model for effective case conceptualization and treatment planning
- List 6 types of client complaints treatable with EMDR therapy
- Describe the criteria for client selection and how to apply to client cases
- Describe 3 safety measures for effective and safe use of EMDR therapy
Days Four through Six:
- Describe 3 resources to help clients stay within the window of tolerance
- Describe protocols for closing down incomplete sessions
- Describe 3 resources to use with difficult or resistant clients
- Describe a treatment plan to choose and prioritize targets appropriate for EMDR
- Describe strategies for dealing with highly emotional responses
- Describe strategies for dealing with dissociative symptoms and phobias
- Describe strategies to treat more complex trauma-related disorders
Eligibility & Participation Agreement
Please review the Participation Agreement to determine your eligibility and gain insight into important facets of the training.
EMDRIA approved training programs in EMDR Therapy are open to mental health professionals who are licensed (or certified or registered) by their state or provincial government for the independent practice of psychotherapy.
Training programs are also open to advanced graduate students, interns, and other mental health professionals on a licensure track, with a letter of support from their supervisor.
Early Registration Discount: Register and complete payment 30 days prior to the training to receive $100 off. The discount is automatically included in cart.
Sponsor Discount: Discounts are available for those that sponsor EMDR events. All employees of sponsoring agencies receive $400 off of the registration fee. This discount can be combined with the Early Registration Discount for a total of $500 off! Please click here to fill out the form.
Group Discount: If 4 or more people sign up together each of you get $200 off. This discount can be combined with the Early Registration Discount for a total of $300 off. Please click here to fill out the group discount form.
We do not offer any other discounts at this time.
What Makes this Training Unique
Some basic EMDR trainings offer the training in 2 parts to be purchased separately and do not include the 10 hours of consultation. Personal Transformation Institute’s EMDR Training is a complete, seamless package.
A Path to More
One of the main goals of Personal Transformation Institute is to provide the most comprehensive post-training support possible. In addition to the Online Portal and Google Group, Training Participants have the option to pursue EMDRIA Advanced Certification and follow a path to becoming an Approved Consultant with a program and instructors they know and trust.
A S.A.F.E Environment
PTI practices and teaches Somatic and Attachment-Focused EMDR therapy. This approach optimizes the learning environment by teaching and experiencing resourcing with the participants.
Learn more about what makes us different here!
S.A.F.E. EMDR 6-Day Training with the Personal Transformation Institute, meets and exceeds the EMDRIA requirements.
We offer 6-Day Basic Trainings to transform your clinical skills and begin your EMDR practice.